Enaro 2014

Enaro 2014

zondag 2 oktober 2011

Perfect picture

Arrived.
A bit after midnight. But everything went smootly. Even the hotel was booked in advance. Not by myself obviously. Planning ahead wasn't that much included. I was doubting until the very last minute if I should fly in my bicycle and when I decided not to, I missed the train. By feet everything takes just a bit more time.

At first sight, everything looks perfect over here. Stavanger is beautiful, and so do the people. Kjartan (from Hero) has been very welcoming as well. I really don't understand we're experiencing a sort of pull factor for asylum seekers in Belgium, whereas here up north in this hospitable country, they are closing down reception centers. Norway and its system seem nothing less than paradise.

Mountains and sea, modern architecture neatlessly integrated with the old town. A booming economy since the 1970's thanks to oil opportunities.
But maybe this is all that little too clean and perfectly organised. Where are the noisy people, the multicultural tensions, the vibes?
Silvia, my Italian Enaro colleague, sees it just that way. She was joking: "Norway's like Italy: mountains, sea, beautiful people. Only a few differences... we have maffia and a corrupt president, but here, where is the fun?"

Our "late" evening stroll (at 7 PM) didn't make us much wiser. We only saw 3 young people enjoying a crazy night fishing at the seashore.

Happily there was my friend Mona who decided to kick some ass in this awesome harbour.


Talk to you soon!

Kobe

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten